Monday, August 29, 2011

pictures



Dear Class,
Ok, I finally figured out how to post pictures on this blog. It's only taken me about a year to figure that out!

The pictures were taken 08/29/11 at a rest area in northfield, mn.  That is about 20 miles south of Minneapolis and St Paul, commonly known as the twin cities, since they are so close together.

About my truck:
it's a 2005 freightliner with 735,000 miles on it.  From the front bumper of the truck to the rear bumper of the trailer is 75ft long. With an empty trailer and the truck being full of fuel, it weighs just over 34k lbs.  when its fully loaded it can weigh as much as 80,000 lbs.  The average automobile weighs about 4 to 5k lbs!  My truck carries 300 gallons of fuel. The average automobile carries 20 gallons.

I started driving truck in June of 2002. Since then I have traveled approximately 1.3 million miles. How many miles does that average out to in a 1 year time?






No comments: